Monday, December 22, 2008

MY HERO

It has been a LONG time since I have posted anything on my blog. I figure it's about time for an update. (Not that anyone really misses my boring life anyway...) About the video, Taylor was given an assignment to write (in her English/Writing class). The teacher initially asked the students what a hero was/is. Of course you get the classic comic book characters like superman and spiderman. Then the teacher went further to make the children think harder. She started to describe to them different types of heros that we live with day in and day out such as firemen, policeman, doctors, etc. THEN the assignment was given. Who do YOU consider your hero to be? Taylor wrote about her dad (step-dad) Jon. What an awesome priveledge it is to be considered someones hero! I think she may even understand what he gives up to accept the responsibilites it takes to raise her and her brother. Without hesitation, without thought, he provides for us and took on my "baggage" and has never looked back! I thank you for that, Jon! Words cannot express how honored I am to have a husband and father to my children, to have Jon in our lives. You are truly loved! You are our angel! You are OUR HERO!

1 comment:

Eric said...

Hi guys, I just watched Taylor give her AWESOME presentation on her "Hero", but who was that old guy giving her hugs at the end? LOL! Just kidding. I love the blog, it's great. Hope all is well down there. It's been real cold up here. We had 5 below zero temps for the low and our high only made it to 1 above zero the other day with wind chills at 30 below zero! Burrrrrr! Merry Christmas to all! Miss ya'll!

Love, Eric