Tuesday, December 23, 2008

My Army Man!!!



So, this is my nephew. We call him Dubby. Back when Hurricane Ike hit my mom and my nephew came to live with me for a week or so. The county I live in was providing free water and MRE's (Meals ready to eat) to people who were without power or people who were helping people who were displaced. Well, I fell in to that catagory. Also, I work for the county... Anyway, Dub came up to my work one day and volunteer his own time to load the mre's and bottled water in to the vehicles of needy people. While he was here I had talked to the Sargeant (DPS) and asked him to talk to my nephew about the military. Sargeant Scarborough is an Army Reservist. Anyway, one thing led to another. Dub never went back home, he signed up for the Army and went to boot camp. As of this very moment he is home for the Christmas holidays and will return to bootcamp January 2, 2009. I am so proud of my nephew. He is going to break the mold in this family. He is going to get the heck out of here and do something with his life. Better yet, he is going to see parts of the world that I could only ever dream of. All the while serving our country. How could I not be proud of that. I just hope that he realizes how truly proud I am of him. I love you Dub!

No comments: